Our A Novel Idea Author Showcases (in-person and virtual, presently rotating monthly) highlights great local authors by interviewing them and we give YOU the opportunity to ask questions and wonder. Please join us! Our in-person meetings are at Vintage Pizzeria. For our virtual meetings, we will email you a zoom the day prior to the event.
Jeremy Logan - Producer
Toni Bellon - Executive Producer
Brenda Sevcik - Event Consultant
Wayne Boston - Talent Coordinator
Saundra Minnich - Event Manager
Annell Gerson - Bookmiser Bookseller
A Novel Idea Author Showcase Seeking Volunteers for all positions. A Novel Idea produces In-Person and Virtual events for authors which are free and open to the public. Current In-Person events are at the Dunwoody Vintage Pizzeria, 5100 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd. Numerous benefits include:
Exposure to marketing skills in an author appearance
Find appearance opportunities
Experience in producing events
Make lasting friendships while working collaboratively to produce author events
Positions: (a) Producer (b) Talent Coordinator (c) Graphics Engineer (d) Publicist (e) Marketing Coordinator (f) Host/Hostess (g) Event Manager (h) Videographer and (i) Virtual/Zoom Operator. All positions need apprentices for filling vacancies and vacations. Open Positions as of 1/31/22 are Graphics Engineer, Marketing coordinator & Event Manager. Contact: Jeremy Logan at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Novel Idea is a Not-For-Profit Enterprise, Trademark: A Novel Idea – Author Showcase
A Novel Idea (ANI) is a not-for-profit organization that produces live entertainment at venues in Metro Atlanta, Georgia. It invites the public to attend, free of charge.
The venues that stage the ANI productions have limitations with regard to what can be accomplished to protect the authors and attendees from airborne viruses. ANI is also limited to what measures it can prescribe to provide virus protection. With the limitations in mind and ANI’s desire to do what is reasonable to protect the authors, the attendees, and the patrons of the venues, it has taken the measures outlined below:
A Novel Idea Cannot mandate or require compliance with health restrictions
Specific Measures -
· On all of its notices and ads regarding its productions, due to its inability to require and mandate Coronavirus vaccination, ANI will recommend the vaccination of attendees;
· Signage at its venues will also state the above recommendation;
· The venue staff and ANI volunteers will be masked;
· Inside the venue hall where the productions take place, air purifiers with virus protection capability will be placed strategically within the hall;
· Masks will be provided for those who wish to use them, free of charge;
· A sanitation station will be provided for authors and attendees free of charge. Including antibacterial wipes, towelettes, and a lined trashcan for towelette disposal;
· Ventilation of the venue will be enhanced, whenever reasonable, by opening windows and doors;
· Tables will be arranged to reduce close contact.
· Attendees, staff, authors, and patrons are encouraged to get vaccinated;
· Attendees, staff, authors, and patrons are encouraged to get tested for Coronavirus;
· Attendees, staff, authors, and patrons are encouraged to not attend while suffering from a high body temperature associated with the likelihood of infection and illness;
· Attendees, staff, authors, and patrons are asked to consider the health of others, and if unvaccinated, to wear a mask;
· Patrons who are unvaccinated are encouraged to sit at a table closest to the wall with windows and doors.